Daryl Dike bagged a brace as Barnsley continued their excellent form with a 3-1 victory at the Championship's bottom club Wycombe Wanderers.
Cauley Woodrow scored a penalty just before the break then Dike doubled the lead four minutes into the second half.
Captain Alex Mowatt was sent off with 15 minutes left but Dike netted another late on before a consolation goal for the hosts.
Barnsley are now unbeaten in 12 for the first time since 2002 at this level while they have equalled a club record of five successive away wins.
The Reds are now five points clear of the sides outside the play-off places.
In a bad-tempered and ugly match, Barnsley always had the the extra quality against their direct hosts.
Valerien Ismael made three changes from the side that won at Bournemouth on Saturday. Callum Styles, Dike and Michael Sollbauer replaced Jordan Williams, Toby Sibbick and Conor Chaplin.
The hosts had the first chance in the third minute when a left-wing corner by Joe Jacobson was headed at the back post by Ryan Tafazolli but blocked by the chest of goalkeeper Brad Collins.
Wycombe thought they should have had a penalty when Curtis Thompson went down after a clash of boots with Woodrow.
Barnsley then had a succession of corners and free-kicks but could not create any opportunities until Romal Palmer played in Dominik Frieser on the right of the box and the Austrian's powerful low shot was straight at goalkeeper David Stockdale who blocked with his feet.
Frieser came close again three minutes later but fired over on the left of the box from another tight angle. At the other end, Uche Ikzpeazu beat Callum Styles to a long ball and squared to Daryl Horgan who slid in but could get no contact on the ball ten yards out with the goal gaping.
The breakthrough came just before half-time when Michal Helik was judged to have been pulled back in the box by Ryan Tafazolli and Woodrow fired the penalty into the bottom right corner for his 13th goal of the season.
Daryl Dike then made it 2-0 four minutes into the second half as he nodded in from close range after Mads Andersen had headed a right-wing Frieser cross back across goal from the left.
Very little happened until Mowatt was sent off with 15 minutes remaining for a tackle on Scott Kashket. Dike made it 3-0 with a good finish on the slide from a low right-wing cross by Callum Brittain.
Ikpeazu pulled one back in the 86th minute when a cross from the left of the box was deflected straight to him and he fired in from close range.
Substitute Toby Sibbick could have been sent off for pushing over Jacobson who had tripped him over on a counter-attack.
Alex Samuel should have made it 3-2 in injury-time but headed a Garath McCleary cross wide when unmarked in front of goal. Another substitute Adebayo Akinfenwa was denied one-on-one by Collins after a fine pass from Kashket.

Wycombe (4-2-3-1): Stockdale; McCarthy (Samuel 82mins), Tafazolli, Knight, Jacobson; Thompson, Gape; Horgan (Akinfenwa 80), Mehmeti (Kashket 53), McCleary; Ikpeazu. Unused: Allsop, Grimmer, Stewart, Muskwe, Onyedinma, Adeniran. Yellow cards: Jacobson, Knight. Goals: Ikpeazu 86.

Barnsley (3-4-3): Collins, mark out of ten: 7; Sollbauer 7 (Sibbick 63mins), Helik 7, Andersen 8; Brittain 7, Mowatt 6, Palmer 6 (Halme 63), Styles 6 (J Williams 70); Frieser 8 (Morris 63), Dike 9, Woodrow 8 (Kane 75). Unused: Walton, Chaplin,, Oduor, Adeboyejo. Yellow cards: Styles, Sibbick, Morris. Red cards: Mowatt. Goals: Woodrow 45+1 (pen), Dike 49, 81.

  • 5:48pm
  • 7:01pm
  • 7:03pm
    2 A long throw on the left is headed behind by Dike when he could have headed well clear
  • 7:04pm
    3 Chance for Wycombe. Jacobson's corner from the left is met by Ryan Tafazolli at the back post but it is blocked by the chest of Collins at his near post and the ball loops up for him to catch
  • 7:05pm
    4 Barnsley corner on the right. Cauley Woodrow takes it and plays it low into the box towards Romal Palmer but it is easily cleared
  • 7:09pm
    8 minutes in and the Reds haven't quite got going yet. The hosts have attacked more of the two sides with Barnsley yet to get the ball to the feet of their attacking players
  • 7:11pm
    10 Barnsley free-kick 40 yards out centrallly. Mowatt takes, sparking a period of head tennis then Helik wins a corner on the left.
  • 7:12pm
    11 Woodrow corner headed out then so is his follow up cross
  • 7:12pm
    Interesting that Woodrow, Barnsley's top-scorer, has taken all their corners so far
  • 7:13pm
    12 Free-kick 25 yards out. Alex Mowatt takes, it is deflected behind for another corner
  • 7:13pm
    13 Woodrow takes the corner on the left. Cleared at the near post
  • 7:13pm
    Barnsley have been better in the last five minutes, with a succession of set plays, but they are yet to create a real chance
  • 7:15pm
    14 Mowatt corner on the right, headed out at the near post for another corner
  • 7:15pm
    15 Another Mowatt corner headed clear. They have had five so far
  • 7:17pm
    16 Wycombe free-kick on the right, Helik does well to head behind for a corner
  • 7:18pm
    17 Wycombe corner on the left. Joe Jacobson takes, Romal Palmer flick heads it away
  • 7:20pm
    18 Curtis Thompson wants a penalty after a tackle by Woodrow who seemed to get the ball
  • 7:20pm
    19 First big chance for the Reds/ Frieser is played in on the right of the box but his shot is blocked by the goalkeeper
  • 7:23pm
    22 Another chance for Frieser. He is played in on the left of the box but again the angle is tight as he shoots over from ten yards out
  • 7:26pm
    25 Big chance for the hosts. Uche Ikpeazu squares to Daryl Horgan in the box but he slides in and cannot get any contact on the shot eight yards out with the goal gaping
  • 7:29pm
    Barnsley are starting to get a foothold on the ball now and pass it around better, which is the way to beat Wycombe - stretching them and passing through them
  • 7:29pm
    29 Woodrow corner from the right is caught by the goalkeeper
  • 7:31pm
    31 Wycombe's Josh Knight takes a long throw on the right but it is headed clear and the two follow up balls are also cleared
  • 7:34pm
    33 Mowatt free-kick on the left. It leads to a huge scramble before Helik's shot is deflected wide for a corner
  • 7:34pm
    34 Mowatt corner on the left is over everyone and cleared
  • 7:35pm
    Daryl Horgan is down with a head injury so play has been stopped
  • 7:38pm
    Barnsley had to battle through the first 20 minutes but since then they have played a lot better football, passing the ball around well and using their width by bringing the full-backs into the game. They have created two half-chances for Frieser but look the more dangerous sides
  • 7:38pm
    Horgan back on and the game is underway again
  • 7:40pm
    40 Jacobson corner on the right. Woodrow's heads clear
  • 7:41pm
    The game has got a lot more scrappy since that injury stoppage. Can Barnsley finish the half strongly?
  • 7:45pm
    44 Romal Palmer wins a free-kick 35 yards out in a central area. The centre-backs go up
  • 7:46pm
    45 Mowatt's free-kick is lofted into the box but punched by the goalkeeper
  • 7:46pm
    Penalty to Barnsley
  • 7:47pm
    It looked like Helik was pulled back
  • 7:47pm
    Cauley Woodrow scores a penalty just before the break after Curtis Thompson pulled back Michal Helik
  • 7:50pm
    HALF-TIME: Wycombe 0, Barnsley 1. Cauley Woodrow's penalty seconds before the break after a fairly uneventful first half
  • 8:05pm
  • 8:08pm
    Three minutes into the second half. Long balls by the hosts again but the Reds standing up to it so far
  • 8:09pm
    Daryl Dike heads in!
  • 8:10pm
    Frieser crosses from the right, Andersen heads then Dike nods in from close range
  • 8:12pm
    A great time to score for the Reds, who are now in control of the game. Dike's fourth of the season
  • 8:13pm
    Mehmeti comes off for Kashket
  • 8:16pm
    That was Mads Andersen's fifth assist of the season
  • 8:19pm
    Callum Styles booked for touching Jason McCarthy and he threw himself to the floor
  • 8:22pm
    One of Wycombe's American owners/directors is absolutely furious, storming out of the ground while swearing very loudly. Carlton Morris and Victor Adeboyejo, warming up, just look at him non-plussed as he walks by then
  • 8:22pm
    Palmer off for Halme
  • 8:23pm
    Sollbauer on for Sibbick and Morris for Frieser
  • 8:25pm
    All the players going off played well, especially Frieser who was at the heart of most of the Reds' best move and put the cross in for the second goal. He's getting better and better.
  • 8:29pm
    Jordan Williams on for Styles
  • 8:31pm
    Very little has happened in this game since the 2-0 goal, and that will suit Barnsley fine
  • 8:34pm
    Alex Mowatt has been sent off
  • 8:35pm
    The Reds captain did go in with both feet
  • 8:36pm
    Herbie Kane on for Cauley Woodrow
  • 8:38pm
    Into the final ten minutes now. Can the ten men hang on?
  • 8:40pm
    Wycombe have brought on their huge striker Adebayo Akinfenwa
  • 8:41pm
    Daryl Dike gets his second of the game!
  • 8:45pm
    Uche Ikpeazu pulls one back
  • 8:46pm
    A cross from the left was deflected straight to the striker and he fires in from close range
  • 8:50pm
    Toby Sibbick is booked along with Joe Jacobson and Josh Knight
  • 8:51pm
    Sibbick could easily have been sent off after being chopped down by Jacobson then getting up and shoving over the home player
  • 9:01pm
    FULL-TIME: Wycombe 1, Barnsley 3