A last-second equaliser on Saturday and a phenomenal 13-0 win on Tuesday put Shaw Lane Aquaforce at the top of the table with four games to play.

The Ducks got their biggest win of the season over lowly Grimsby Borough in the midweek fixture. The massive victory took Aquaforce above Cleethorpes Town who looked set to win at Shaw Lane on Saturday, despite having ten men, until centre-back John Cyrus secured a 1-1 draw with a 92nd-minute header. Force also went ahead of Bottesford who lost on Saturday.

The Ducks will gain a third straight promotion if they win all four of their remaining games. Next Tuesday, they host Knaresborough who have won nine in a row before home games against bottom five sides Hallam and Hemsworth either side of a trip to Rossington Main.

They will be hoping to show the ruthlessness they displayed on Tuesday night on a poor pitch against a Grimsby side missing several players and with no substitutes. There were hat-tricks for centre-back Luke Danville – despite having suspected broken ribs – Danny Frost and Shane Kelsey while Borough scored two own goals.

Danville opened the scoring in the second minute when he headed in a corner by Chris Fawcus. Kelsey tapped in for 2-0 on after good work by Frost. It was three seconds later when James Burgess headed in Kelsey's wicked free-kick.

Danville got his second with a superb header across goal after a Fawcus cross before the same duo combined five minutes later when the Shaw Lane skipper completed his headed hat-trick.

The goalfest continued into the second half as Kelsey kept his cool to score a one-on-one then got his third and best when he brought a long ball down on his chest, exchanged passes with Burgess and fired in. Lee Swift then made it 8-0 as he beat the goalkeeper at his near post with a powerful drive.

In Text Promo Image

Frost, who missed several chances earlier in the match, forced an own with a good cross for the ninth then got on the scoresheet from the penalty spot after Kelsey was tripped in the area. Frost soon added a second with an audacious chip from just outside the area. Another own goal, from a cross by Burgess, made it 12-0 then Frost got his third and his team's 13th with a fine finish after young substitute Kane Reece won the ball with a fine tackle.

The Ducks also dominated on Saturday in the top-of-the-table clash with Cleethorpes. The visitors took the lead on 65 minutes following an error by Cyrus but Aquaforce were given an immediate boost when Town's Darren Hanslip was shown a second booking for delaying the restart. Cleethorpes 'keeper Mike Fenty made a series of outstanding saves to keep out Swift, Kelsey, Danville and Ashley Flynn. When Frost hit the bar and then Kelsey blocked Reece's goal-bound shot it looked as though the visitors would hang on but Cryus secured the all-important draw.

At the same time that Aquaforce were scoring their last-minute leveller, Worsbrough Bridge – who won at Shaw Lane last week – conceded a 90th-minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw at Emley. Liam McFadyen got Bridge's goal with a penalty in the second minute.