ROBBIE Cundy insists there was no disappointment at being taken off at half-time on his Barnsley debut last month and is now pleased to be back in the starting line-up.
The 25-year-old centre-back had a difficult 45 minutes in the 1-0 loss at Plymouth Argyle and was replaced at the interval by fellow summer signing Conor McCarthy, who then started the next two league games.
But Cundy impressed in the cup last week and was brought back in for Tuesday’s league win over Bristol Rovers.
He told the Chronicle: “I wasn’t disappointed.
“He (head coach Michael Duff) spoke to me at half-time and said it was tactical.
“We were getting turned a little bit too much. You can’t take disappointments, you have look at the positives.
“We have a lot of centre-halves here which is good quality and competition. Everyone wants that to drive them on.
“It was a tough start at Plymouth but we have all bounced back.”
Since then, Cundy has not been on the pitch when Barnsley have conceded a goal.
He said: “We pride ourselves on clean sheets.
“The gaffer drilled that into us. Hopefully there are a lot more to come.”
Cundy knows the impressive performance in the midweek 3-0 league win must be repeated regularly.
“Consistency is the key word.
“We have to stay on it, take it game by game or half by half. If we keep doing what we were doing on Tuesday, everything will come from there.”