A MAN was saved from a burning building after a blaze in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Three fire crews from Cudworth, Barnsley and Tankersley stations were called out to a premise fire at 6.15am on Victoria Street in Stairfoot.

Fire crews rescued the man via a ladder from the first floor bedroom.

In Text Promo Image

He was then given oxygen therapy at the scene before being taken to hospital.

The fire, which is believed to have been started accidentally, was extinguished and crews came away at 7.40am.