TYREECE Campbell’s first-ever league goal helped sink Barnsley at The Valley.

The 19-year-old defender bagged the Addicks’ opening goal of what proved to be a frustrating afternoon for the Tykes.

And striker Jesurun Rak-Sakyi sealed the deal with a clinical finish just after the hour mark as Michael Duff’s misfiring side slipped to defeat.

The Tykes started brightly and could have been ahead after only nine minutes if Charlton’s Aussie shot-stopper Ashley May had not produced a fine save to thwart Jordan Williams.

The midfielder’s sweet strike looked destined for the top corner but May’s heroics kept it level-pegging.

But at the other end Rak-Sakyi forced a smart save from Tykes’ keeper Brad Collins, who did brilliantly to keep out his close-range effort.

Adam Phillips tried his luck from distance on the quarter-hour mark, but May was never troubled.

However, just three minutes later Luca Connell tested the keeper with a powerful left-foot strike.

And that little spell of pressure worked a treat for the home side as teenager Campbell pounced a minute later, slotting into the bottom left corner from Jack Payne’s assist.

Devante Cole had a shot blocked as the Tykes tried hard to get back on level terms, but Scott Fraser smashed over as the Addicks continued to cause problems.

But midfielder Josh Benson came within a whisker of restoring parity, only to his thunderbolt strike cannon off the woodwork and to safety.

Jack Aitchinson had a great chance to score, but his strike deflected off the legs of teammate Cole as the visitors suffered more frustration on their travels.

Benson’s afternoon was then unfortunately cut short when he was replaced by Ziyad Larkeche as manager Michael Duff shuffled his pack.

Then it was the turn of Nicky Cadden to hit the woodwork. The Scottish midfielder must have thought his rasping drive was in on the stroke of half-time, but the frame of the goal again came to the rescue of the hosts.

Cole fired a right-foot shot wide five minutes after the restart as the Tykes started with real promise in the second period.

But Duff’s charges were hit with a sucker-punch just after the hour mark when Rak-Sakyi doubled the Addicks’ lead to leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.

It was the Crystal Palace loan hitman’s seventh goal of the season as he easily tapped in after substitute Macauley Bonne’s initial effort hit a post.

Duff then made a triple substitution as his side looked to salvage something from the contest.

But the damage had been done as the Tykes slipped to a frustrating defeat on the road.