A HEARTBROKEN cat owner believes her pet was deliberately killed after vets confirmed she had been poisoned by antifreeze.
The RSPCA has this week issued a warning to Barnsley cat owners about the dangers of antifreeze following the death of Betty, a 16-month-old Main Coone cat.
“She came home two weeks ago and I could see straight away she was in a bad way,” said Julie Massey, 48, of Hunningley Close, Stairfoot.
“I took her straight to the vet and after a blood test they confirmed antifreeze poisoning caused kidney failure and heart failure. We had to put her to sleep.”
Devastated Julie said she believed someone had deliberately poisoned Betty and while she ‘had her suspicions’ she could not prove anything and decided not to notify the police.
Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle
Got a Story? - 01226 734262
Order your FIRST CLASS pictures here.
Cat owner believes pet was poisoned
Emily’s appeal hits target within minutes of launch New roundabouts to be approved - despite campaigners’ objections Bramall with 1st team and may get chance in future Arson hotspot set for demolition Boy racers’ access blocked off by fed-up parish council Barnsley man died in freak accident Ex-footballer forgives Barnsley fan for racist abuse Fireball taxi driver speaks out for Road Safety Week Town centre gateway to be revitalised Protected bird of prey’s poisoning probed by police