THE show must go on - that was the attitude of staff at a working men’s club gutted by fire at the weekend.
They grafted all day to open Gawber Road WMC on Saturday night - just hours after it was hit by a serious fire.
Parts of the club were badly damaged by the blaze which started during the early hours of Saturday.
But thanks to the staff the club opened as usual to host a concert attended by more than 200 people that very evening.
The fire broke out in the cellar of the club at around 5am when the manager was asleep upstairs.
Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle
Got a Story? - 01226 734262
Gawber club fighting back after fire
Greenacre parent lash out at special school’s handling of latest crisis ‘Appalling’ state of free meals handed out to town’s children revealed Mum’s inquest set to conclude Shoppers shocked by town centre dog attack Mowatt wants to stay beyond January after bid rejected, says Ismael Football club’s crisis deepens in new lockdown X Factor Holly hits out at online trolls Town’s Covid rates broken down Kids’ home plan set to be discussed by council Officer’s court date set