THE show must go on - that was the attitude of staff at a working men’s club gutted by fire at the weekend.

They grafted all day to open Gawber Road WMC on Saturday night - just hours after it was hit by a serious fire.

Parts of the club were badly damaged by the blaze which started during the early hours of Saturday.

But thanks to the staff the club opened as usual to host a concert attended by more than 200 people that very evening.
Order your FIRST CLASS pictures here

The fire broke out in the cellar of the club at around 5am when the manager was asleep upstairs.

Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle