A FAMILY have been "overwhelmed" by donations after losing everything in a house fire, including Christmas presents for their children.

Rachel and Terry Malin, both 33, and children Ellie, two, and Archie, three, had a narrow escape when the blaze broke out at their council house in Gray Street, Elsecar.

The family are now in emergency accommodation in Tinker Lane, Hoyland Common, in a council bungalow that was originally going to be rented to an elderly woman, who stepped aside up when she heard of their plight.

The couple lost everything in the fire last Thursday, which was started by an electrical fault. The only thing they managed to save was a photo and ashes of their baby daughter Tilly who died after she was born prematurely.
Order your FIRST CLASS pictures here

** The full story is in the Barnsley Chronicle newspaper, dated December 24. **