A RESIDENT says she has been left unnerved after asbestos was discovered in her house but not removed immediately.
Avril Whittaker, 49, from Cemetery Road, Jump, said the asbestos was uncovered after the ceiling in the pantry of her council property collapsed due to problems with the waste pipe in her bathroom.
The asbestos was in the ceiling Artex.
When Avril reported the damage to Berneslai Homes, a joiner was dispatched but Avril said he didn’t stick around once he realised asbestos was involved.
Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle
Got a Story? - 01226 734262
Resident unnerved over asbestos
Greenacre parent lash out at special school’s handling of latest crisis Mum’s inquest set to conclude X Factor Holly hits out at online trolls Shoppers shocked by town centre dog attack Kids’ home plan set to be discussed by council Football club’s crisis deepens in new lockdown Officer’s court date set Town’s Covid rates broken down Athersley man handed 12-year prison sentence ‘Appalling’ state of free meals handed out to town’s children revealed