A WARNING has been issued by police after a 12-year-old boy died after sustaining electric burns on a railway line.
The incident, which happened near South Elmsall’s station on October 3, has prompted British Transport Police to urge parents and schools to tell children about the dangers of playing near live tracks.
Sgt Helen White said: “Despite repeated warnings about the dangers of venturing too near the railway and the consequences of playing near the tracks and a hard-hitting anti-trespass campaign featuring videos seen by more than 600,000 people on social media, incidents of children spotted in highly dangerous situations on the railway still occur.
“It’s vital we have parents on board with this message. We don’t want to have to knock at their door and give them the news that their son or daughter won’t be coming home.”
Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle
Got a Story? - 01226 734262
Police issue warning after boy dies on railway line
Greenacre parent lash out at special school’s handling of latest crisis Mum’s inquest set to conclude X Factor Holly hits out at online trolls Shoppers shocked by town centre dog attack Kids’ home plan set to be discussed by council Football club’s crisis deepens in new lockdown ‘Appalling’ state of free meals handed out to town’s children revealed Officer’s court date set Town’s Covid rates broken down Athersley man handed 12-year prison sentence